FINISHING FACES & CONTEMPLATING HANDS - January 27th, 2012

We’re up from 5% to 9% … You guys (and girls) rock!!!

Painted Replacement Faces, Stopmotion Puppet © 2012 Jeff Lafferty
Three more faces to paint and detail, then I’m on to ... maybe hands. Now that I’ve painted up these faces, I really want to try make a new set of hands out of latex.

Silicone Puppet hands © 2012 Jeff Lafferty
I’ve already made a set out of silicone and that worked work fine, but I’m not really set up to paint silicone. The paints for silicone are semi-expensive, and at least right now I shouldn’t be spending any extra money.

I am however, set up paint foam latex, and I’m really liking the way the skin is looking on this character.

Skin Texture, Stopmotion Puppet © 2012 Jeff Lafferty
I think a pair of hands painted up to match would be really cool.

See you all tomorrow.
Jeff
read the previous update ...

3 comments:

BlacknickSculpture said...

The foam hands look good!

Anonymous said...

the faces look brilliant my friend

Albrecht

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thanks Blacknick, and thank you also Albrecht!

Jeff