RE-ASSEMBLE - April 27th, 2012

Curse Of The Wolfs Heart © 2012 Jeff Lafferty

Curse Of The Wolfs Heart © 2012 Jeff Lafferty

Curse Of The Wolfs Heart © 2012 Jeff Lafferty

Curse Of The Wolfs Heart © 2012 Jeff Lafferty

Curse Of The Wolfs Heart © 2012 Jeff Lafferty


I didn’t accomplish too much today, just a few odds and ends before taking on the next task.

I re-attached a foot that came off my armature and got him standing up.

I attached the head, everything went back together fairly easy.

I also gave the character an ear ring made from some aluminum wire.

I had a question in the comments yesterday, H.P. asked if the eyebrows will be static, or able to be animated? … and  "is this the technique that Nightmare Before Christmas used with the half heads?"

I’m planning on animating the eyebrows for sure. They’ll be held on with sticky wax, and I’ll be able to slide them around to help create the expressions. I’ll also be using clay for the eyelids to make the blinks and squints.

To answer the second part, yes, it’s the same kind of thing they did in Nightmare Before Christmas and later in Coralline. Thanks H.K.

(… and thanks Shelley for the tips on the eyebrows!)


Jeff

8 comments:

Darkmatters said...

Paraphrasing Stan Lee: "Now THAT'S how you assemble!"

I really dig the Grecian Formula for Puppets look.

Matt Chappell said...

Great to see that you're back working on the film. Real nice job on the puppet's hair. I love the progress you've been making and look forward to seeing more. :)

H.P. said...

It's coming along really well, keep carrying on brother.

Thanks for answering my questions btw.

Steven Garrett said...

Looking very impressive.........Oh and it does look better without the bushy eyebrows maybe small ones instead.

Shelley Noble said...

Well hello, handsome! That's one great looking pupp, Jeff!

Manu said...

Hi Jeff ! I'm back ! Glad to see you are back too ! :) )

LuketheGoon said...

Hello, I just recently became addicted to kickstarter and found your old project page. I was sad to discover that it didn't take off and that I didn't get a chance to donate to the project. Some of the rewards looked very cool.

Anyway I love stop motion animation and you never see anyone doing it anymore. I am really excited to see someone taking the initiative to make one. Keep up the hard work and please keep us well informed.

Jeff Lafferty said...

Thanks a lot Drarkstrider!

Thanks Matt, I'm going to do my best to keep going this time!

Your welcome H.P. and thanks for stopping by!

Thanks Shelley!

Glad your back Manu!

Thanks Luke!

Jeff