Every morning I seem to get less done than I intend, and its just so frustrating … but at least the project is continually moving forward.
I managed to get the side panels on the second boot and the tongues in both of them. I working on the laces now, but they’re proving to be a little complicated, so hopefully I’ll have them done and glued in to the boots by tomorrow morning.
That grubby little thing that looks like a worm in the last three pictures is actually a finger. It looks horrific I know, but I’m rather proud of it because its ‘jointed’ and its made with a latex skin.
I had made some jointed hands a long time ago, but they couldn’t take all the bending and would just break. This one, I did a different way and it seems to be holding up to quite a bit of abuse … more tomorrow.