Time sort of caught up with me this morning and I didn’t get quite as far as I would of hoped.
I made up the fabric to use on the top of the boots. I used the same technique that I used on the belt. Smearing t-shirt material with bake-n-bend and then cooking it. This produces a flexible fabric that I can paint and will look like leather.
I cut out the patterns for the boots and attached the side panels to the soles.
For some reason I couldn’t get the hot glue to adhere to the soles (not sure why) so I ended up using super glue.
Just one side started so far, that’s where I’m at at the moment.
Thanks for all the awesome comments on the video yesterday. I'm constantly amazed at the sheer enthusiasm that exists in the DIY stopmotion animation community.