Happy Memorial Day everyone.
This morning I went on with painting the boots. I have the right one basically finished, but now I’m running into a problem.
The shape of the boots is bothering me, specifically the laces across the top of the foot. They seem just too flat, like they shouldn’t be at such at right angle.
I tried stuffing some green foam down onto the foot and it helped a little … but I really think I need to pull the laces, cut the boot back open and build up the top of the foot.
I’m trying not to redo a lot of stuff, since I think there’s a danger of me trying to get things 'too' perfect, and just never getting anything finished because there’s always a better way of doing something.
I don't want to fall into that trap, and I know I'm prone to do that sort of thing.
Anyway, I do think trying to make the boots better is worth while, so that’s what I’ll be doing tomorrow.
Other than working on the boots, yesterday I hauled in the floor of the set from the shed. Tanya’s going to be fixing it up and painting it for me.
There it is in the last picture sitting in the living room with Tristan checking out the action.